ha ha. I am laughing at my own bible spoof.

Anyways this is it. The new blog which I will be consistent with. I will write in it at least twice a week and fill with coherent (sometimes) thoughts. And you the readers are free to bitch at me if I do not meet my mandatory twice a week entry-rate.

Now I will introduce myself. I am the author of this blog my name is brianna but I will refer to myself as bug. I don't know how this bug name occurred but it's as good as any name. And I'm not quite sure why I am giving out my real name and asking to be called bug in the same (theoretical breath). I grew up in rural pennsylvania with a bunch of hicks. I grew up with an affinity for nature and the country and had some horses, dogs, cats, guinea pigs and a short lived goat. My parents are an interesting bunch. My mom...is nice and kind and loving. A little socially awkward and naive. My dad is a flaming conservative who likes stupid jokes and is very charming and easy going. We were a family who went to church and believed in jesus and morals and stuff. I even became a jesus camp counselor (eeep!). Actually that experiance was pretty cool and I enjoyed most of it, until the end when I discovered how fucked up religion in general is.

Then my mom and dad split when I was 18. I have a sister too who is kick ass. She's going to be a nurse/midwife and is damn smart. The summer before they split I started acting at the local renaissance faire. Acting has a funny affect on people--actually the entire theatre community has a funny effect on people. I think because actors have to be such open people (to be able to convey emotions and make people feel) they have a tendancy to have very open minds. My parents split up in october of that year, told my sister and I 3 days after christmas, my dad moved out 2 weeks later. My mom started to get involved with the baha'i community--which at first I was resistant to but eventually gave in to. Baha'i's essentially believe that everyone worships the same god. And was established in Persia--and I really like other cultures so it was hard not to deny my desire to observe persian america. My dad "met" this woman in february (a chance happening) at old north church in...boston? I have a sneaky feeling it's the woman he had been chatting to online during my parents marriage... He proposed to her in April over the phone and then they got married in...september?? This woman is crack. When she first started dating my dad she let it be known that she *really* *really* didn't like my sister who was a baha'i and told my sister and I that my mom was the one who had the affair. When both my sister and I became baha'i's she called us heathens. heee heee! Since then she has turned her hate on me--the black sheep of the family; and thinks my sister is the bee's knee's. Crazy lady she is.

During all this I'm at school (college), working and acting(at faire). I met this guy--as I always do-- at the faire who travels the renaissance faire circuit. A rennie if you will. Things get serious and I start flying out to see him (as he travels/lives in a pop-up/van/tent). I become a rennie. Now let me tell you the difference between a rennie and a carnie is because not a lot of people know the difference. Carnie do carnivals. Which ususally last for a weekend. Therefore they roll into town friday night set up everything and tear down and leave monday morning. Therefore they are all crack heads. Not really. I can't talk from experiance because I don't believe I've met a carnie but...seriously--setting up and tearing down in a period of 4 days is NUTS. A rennie is someone affliliated with the renaissance faire and TRAVELS with the renaissance faire. Someone who works there but DOES NOT travel is a local or a weekender. Rennies do shows that last at least two weekends because they are not crack heads, and choose to relax and take their time. Actually I'm not sure why rennies choose longer shows than a weekend it just happens that way. I think the rennification of me was an awesome learning experiance...let me list the jobs I held as a rennie...
-Pirate booth salesgirl
-Leather workers
-selling puppets
-selling gypsy jewelry
-making gypsy jewelry
-assistant to a glass blower (who is now head glass blower at disney btw)
-selling faire clothes
-making/selling fairy wings
-selling roses
-operating a climbing wall
-selling garlic mushrooms
-pickle girl
-coin mint operator

I think that's it. But it was awesome I learned how to survive off of $120 per week. I learned how to live in a tent. I gained appreciation for hot water. It was a beautiful existance. My parents were pissed that I was out on the road and not with them. It was definatly a coming of age time for me. Then I went back to school. My mom got re-married to a pakistani guy with three kids. He's pretty cool and has a really innocent demeanor for someone who has had the life experiances he has had. Oh and I had dreads. I was going to shave my head but...my rennie boyfriend convinced me to put dreads in instead. That was fun. I still have my dreads in a bag in my room. Which I plan on having for the rest of my life and if my kids have dreads (and want them) maybe they can sew one of my dreads into their hair.

Anyways I broke up with my rennie bf--too much too fast and I wasn't ready for a lot of things. Now I reside in a non-rural area of pa, continueing my schooling, dating a different wonderful guy (who happens to be the host of EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL) who keeps me in stitiches.

I am an adventurer in this wild world.